It’s been a couple of months since I last listed some observations about my new startup lifestyle and I thought I’d add a few more things to the list.
- Setting up the desk in front of the TV might have been a poor idea.
- Good help is hard to find when you can’t pay for it.
- The only thing worse than writing your own damn login page is writing your own damn “forgot my password” page.
- Subscribing to Netflix might have been a poor idea.
- When you’re working on a startup, everyone insists on buying you lunch for some reason.
- I didn’t properly appreciate the Yahoo! Ops folks. Handling configuration, monitoring and maintenance on your own machines is a lot of work.
- aplus.net has proven to be unreliable. Anyone have dedicated hosting recommendations??
- I’m much more productive at midnight than at noon.
- If the_designer == the_engineer then you can make things happen 100 times faster.